Tuesday, 22 April 2014
Constipation among toddlers.
Constipation in a toddler can be caused by:
• Not eating enough fiber
• Not drinking enough fluids
• Drinking too much milk and not enough water
• Lack of exercise and activity
• Being anxious about potty training can make your child “hold in” her poo, which can make constipation worse.
Sign and symptoms of Constipation:
• Stomach cramps (pain comes and goes)
• Child to feel less hungry than usual
• Irritable behaviour
• Holding-on behaviour to avoid doing a painful poo, such as squatting, crossing legs or refusal to sit on the toilet.
• Hard lumps of poo might be felt when pressing the abdomen
Tips to relieve constipation.
1. More fiber intake example of fruits and vegetables such as prune,plums, beans and broccoli.
2. Increase the amount of fluid. Water is the best choice, but a little prune or apple juice might also help.
3. Massage your toddler’s belly. Measure three finger-widths below her navel and apply gentle but firm pressure there with your fingertips. Press until you feel a firmness or mass. Maintain gentle but constant pressure for about three minutes.
4. Shaklee Meal Shakes.
Why do we choose Meal Shakes
• Provide 19 essential vitamins and minerals- the fundamental nutrients that growing kids to stay strong and healthy.
• Excellent source of dietary fiber and protein.
• Rich source of calcium
• Low glycemic index.
Benefits of Meal Shakes
• Increase and strengthen their immune system.
• Stay alert and focus in class and activities.
• Helps to increase appetite for fussy eaters.
• Helps to clear skin of rashes and ezcema.
Easy to drink because it is in powder with vanilla flavour. It can be mixed with plain water or with a favorite drink either warm or cold.
One canister with 544 gram can be used for 2 months.
Please contact me at below contact detalils.
Every purchase from me will get eBook on preparing tastier Mealshake and a free consultation.
I'm ready to help!
Contact me now...